Happy Labor Day Weekend
I have a couple new projects I’m working on for the blog that will be revealed in this next month or so that I’m really excited about. In the meantime I’m sharing this free phone wallpaper (for iPhone and iPad) – add some color and fun to your phone with this frenchie in tortoiseshell glasses free phone wallpaper. I plan on making this a regular (or semi regular!) series on the blog so check back weekly for more styles.
The latest goings-on in the pet industry, summarized below:
Book Release: Dogservations by Serenah Hodson.
Cute Kitchen Accessories! Many Finds Under $15.
New Recipe! Healthy Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Treats.
Remember Serenah Hodson? The award-winning photographer recently released a new photo book, Dogservations. It’s only available right now in Australia, New Zealand, and Germany so if you hail from any of those countries you might want to check this book. I may be alittle in love with her photography skills, and her dogs Rocco, the bull mastiff, Ralph, the dachshund, and Simon, the bulldog add that charm factor…
Get the latest from Serenah over on Facebook.
While you are probably loving your pooch every day of the year, August 26 is the day to shout it loud and proud. Here are some quick and easy ways to celebrate.
1. Whether it’s a special trip to the dog park, a hike to a beautiful setting, or an extra loop around the block, they’ll appreciate the extra outdoors time. #thesimplethings
2. Everything in moderation right? A sweet treat is a necessary indulgence around this time of year. And if you participated in #1 there’s not as much guilt.
3. A very simple way to show some love to the animals that need it the most. Your local ASPCA usually has a list of items they need donated, but blankets, toys, and food are always needed. Here are other ways to help animal charities.
4. Umm…well you can also give them a nice bath or a thorough brushing. Either way they’ll be feeling refreshed.
5. Show your love by taking a pet first aid course, spend five minutes updating your cell phone contact list to include the numbers for your veterinarian, an after-hours veterinarian and poison control center.
I’ve been using the kitchen in my apartment alot more than usual – mostly due to the fact I’m trying to stick to a vegan diet and eating out all the time isn’t always practical. Whether I’m cooking up something for myself (and guests!) or feel like spoiling the pups occassionally with some healthy dog treats, some cute kitchen accessories just make the process of cooking something that much easier to look forward to.
Here are some of my favorites lately:
Whale Tail Measuring Cups | French Bulldog Cookie Jar
Dipped Utensil Crock | Neon Watercolor Tea Towel
Farmers Market Basket | Elephant Salt and Pepper Shakers
Serving Tray | Savon De Marseille Hand Soap
Can we just talk about the french bulldog cookie jar? It’s from Target’s Threshold Collection so a budget-friendly find. I like to mix high and low finds for a classic look that at the same time is practical.
Here are some cute home accessories with pet motifs in case you missed them!